- An estimated 8% to 10% of all men will suffer from pelvic pain at some point in their lives, according to statistics. Frustratingly, many medical organizations, still refer to pelvic pain as a “women’s health issue.”
- Equally frustrating is that not all pelvic floor physical therapists are trained to evaluate and treat a male patient with pelvic pain. At Core Therapy, we have had extensive training evaluating and treating male patients.
- Research has shown that pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation is beneficial in treating erectile dysfunction.
Our male patients often present with one or a combination of the following symptoms:
- Penile, scrotal or anal pain
- Post-ejaculatory pain
- Tailbone, back or hip pain
- Pelvic pain that interferes with sitting and exercise
- Urinary leakage, urgency, frequency and hesitancy
- Decreased force of urinary stream
- Groin pain
- Erectile Dysfucntion
If you have any questions, please call and we will be glad to talk to you about your problems and how therapy can help. 912-335-9747
Returning You to a Healthy, Active Lifestyle